People's Parking is proud to be a Media Partner at The Disability Conference 2018. This one-day conference will focus on what businesses should
be doing to meet their obligations under the Equality Act 2010, raising awareness and improving access across the UK. The conference will be focusing on businesses that cater to the general public: hotels, attractions, restaurants, bars and cafes who want to know what they should be doing, how they can do it and what other people are doing. The conference will include disabled people talking about their experiences, access consultants, as well as shining examples of businesses who have gone above and beyond. There will also be a legal team present to discuss the legal requirements of compliance with the Equality Act.
Key conference themes
• The Equality Act 2010 and what that means for businesses, big and small •
• The implications of not meeting your obligations under the Equalities Act •
• Inclusive design, how to improve disabled access •
• Why making businesses accessible is a positive step •
• The challenges faced by people with disabilities using public transport and how these have been overcome •
• The history behind the Equalities Act and how is helping to make the UK more accessible
There is already a great line up of speakers confirmed, to find out more click here.
Posted on 18 Apr 2018 at 11:19:46